A few months ago, I wrote about my woes of finding a hidden dryer sheet in my nice, clean laundry from my apartment building’s machine. Just thinking about it now gets me heated up all over again! In that post, I mentioned a few tips on some inexpensive, safe alternatives to those toxic sheets.
Well, since then, I’ve discovered two more options (the second is even more exciting that the first!).
These dryer balls lift and separate fabrics while relaxing fibers. This means less lint and wrinkles, softer clothes, more absorbent towels and a reduced drying time of up to 25%, which saves you money! They’re toxic-free, environmentally friendly, and guaranteed to last up to 2 years.
But wait! These, I think, are even better! While having some fun the other day, searching around Etsy, I came across this:
- are hand spun of minimally processed, all natural dyed wool and felted for superb usability.
- also reduce your drying time by as much as 25%, saving you money.
- cut static and laundry cling.
- are safe for cloth diaper users because there are no chemical ingredients.
- includes a set of 2 Eco Wooly Balls, each with an 8in circumference before felting and cost $12.00
But best of all, by using these dryer balls, you’re supporting a individual crafter who’s helping you be just a little more “greener”.